Crisis Services

The YWCA Mohawk Valley is a New York state-certified provider of domestic and sexual violence residential and non-residential crisis services. Our services are confidential, free, and provided regardless of when the abuse occurred or if it was reported. Services include:

  • 24-hour confidential hotline
  • safety planning
  • individual and group counseling
  • victim advocacy and accompaniment in court, law enforcement and medical settings
  • information and referrals to outside services, including social service, housing and employment assistance
  • help with crime victim compensation

YWCA Mohawk Valley Services in Herkimer County
Child Advocacy Center

We provide services to adult survivors of sexual violence and adult survivors of child sexual abuse. We also provide a Child Advocacy Center (CAC) for victims of sexual and/or severe physical abuse. The CAC brings together a multidisciplinary team of law enforcement, child protective services, district attorney’s office, mental health, and victim advocate representatives who work collectively to ensure the uniform handling of abuse cases. To access our services in Herkimer County, call our 24-hour hotline: 315.866.4120.

YWCA Mohawk Valley in Oneida County
We provide adult domestic and sexual violence services throughout Oneida County. To access our services in Oneida County, call our 24-hour hotline: 315.797.7740.

Child Advocacy Center Advocacy in Oneida County
We also provide two advocates at the Oneida County Child Advocacy Center, in Utica,
who work with children who are victims of sexual abuse. 

To reach out to our Child Advocacy Center advocates in Oneida County,
call the Hotline at 315.797.7740.

To report suspected child abuse in either Herkimer or Oneida counties,
call the Child Abuse Hotline at 1.800.635.1522.

Individual Counseling and Support Groups 
We provide individual and group counseling for adult victims of domestic and sexual violence. For information call 315.797.7740

To view the crisis services pdf, please click here

To access handicapped services, contact RCIL